Invisalign in New Bern, NC
Invisalign's® invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted. And best of all, no one can tell you're wearing them. Invisalign is great for adults and teenagers.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to their final position
- You'll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 - 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 - 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Aligners Made? You'd Be Amazed...
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does Invisalign treatment take and how much does it cost?
The duration and cost of the treatment depend on the severity of your particular case, which determines the number of aligners you need. You'll wear each aligner for two weeks. So, on the average, it can take between 12 and 18 months.
How often must I wear my aligners?
Invisalign only works while you are wearing the aligners. We recommend that you wear your aligners full-time, day and night, except to eat and drink, brush and floss your teeth.
Are there restrictions on what I can eat and drink?
Unlike traditional orthodontics, you can usually eat and drink whatever you desire because you remove your aligners. Thus, there is no need to change your normal eating habits of any of your favorite foods or snacks, unless instructed otherwise.
Will wearing the Invisalign aligners affect my speech?
Like all orthodontic treatments, aligners may temporarily affect your speech and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two. However, as your tongue gets used to having aligners in your mouth, any lisp or minor speech impediment caused by the aligners should disappear.
Will the treatment be painful?
Most people experience tooth soreness for a few days after starting each new stage. This is normal. It is a sign that the Invisalign aligners are working - sequentially moving your teeth to their final destination. This soreness should gradually go away a couple of days after you insert each new aligner in the series.